Purchase to Win Promotion
Official Rules and Regulations
THIS CONTEST IS OPEN TO CANADIAN RESIDENTS LIVING OUTSIDE OF THE PROVINCE OF QUEBEC AND IS GOVERNED BY CANADIAN LAW.
HOW TO ENTER
No purchase necessary. The Purchase to Win Promotion (the “Contest”) is sponsored by FanXchange Ltd. (the “Sponsor”). The Contest begins on June 1, 2012 at 9:00 am local time and ends on December 31, 2012 at 5:00 pm local time (the "Contest Period").
There are two ways to enter:
1. Purchase Entry: Spend Ten Dollars ($10) or more (before taxes) on FanXchange.com via a Postmedia property Ticket Centre widget and be automatically entered into the Contest. The posting date of your entry is the posting date shown on your Order Confirmation e-mail, which is automatically generated by FanXchange.com when the Seller of Tickets confirms the order.
If you do not want to be entered into the Contest, then you must send a request in writing to Purchase to Win Promotion, C/o FanXchange Ltd., 30 Duncan Street, Suite 602, Toronto, Ontario M5V 2C3 prior to the end of the Contest Period and your entry/entries will be removed.
2. No Purchase Entry: To enter the Contest without making a purchase, write a 1000 word original essay explaining " Which North American Sports or Concert Event you want to attend and why you deserve to go?” (the "Essay") and mail it with sufficient postage, together with your name, home address, and daytime telephone number to: Purchase to Win Promotion, C/o FanXchange Ltd., 30 Duncan Street, Suite 602, Toronto, Ontario M5V 2C3. You will receive one (1) entry in the prize draw for each unique and original Essay per envelope with sufficient postage. All mail-in entries must be post-marked during the Contest Period and received by December 31, 2012 at 5:00 pm Eastern Time (ET) to be entered into the Contest.
There is one (1) prize available to be won consisting of a Legendary Road Trip Experience for two (2) adults to see any North American Sports or Concert Event. Prize includes:
1. Economy-fare air travel for two from the nearest major Canadian International Airport to the host city of the selected Sports Final;
2. Hotel three-day, two-night hotel accommodations for two in the host city of the selected Sports Final;
3. Ground transport to and from the host city airport and the hotel;
4. Two tickets to the Selected event. The maximum ticket value is $2000 per ticket (totaling $4,000 for the pair). Prices reflect market value of actual tickets listed on FanXchange.com, not the face value of each ticket.
Approximate retail value of the Prize is $10,000 CAD.
The selected entrant is responsible for paying any taxes, and all charges for goods/services that exceed the prize value specified above based on the applicable charges at the time such charges are incurred. Any charges incurred by the selected entrant in excess of the prize amount shall be the selected entrant’s sole responsibility. The Prize cannot not be transferred.
Contest is open to legal residents of Canada, outside the Province of Quebec, who have reached the age of majority in their province or territory of residence at the time of entry, except employees (and those with whom such employees are domiciled) or agents of the Sponsor, its advertising and promotion agencies, or any of their respective affiliates or licensees.
THE PRIZE DRAWS AND WINNER SELECTION
Prize draws will take place in Toronto, Ontario at approximately 1:00pm ET on January 7 2013, an eligible entrant will be selected by random draw from among all eligible entries received during the Contest Period. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. The selected entrant will be contacted by telephone within seven (7) business days of the random drawing. Before being declared a winner, the selected entrant will be required to: (a) correctly answer, unaided, a time limited mathematical skill testing question; and (b) sign and return, within 14 business days of notification, the Sponsor’s declaration and release form, confirming compliance with these Contest Rules, acceptance of the prize as awarded and releasing the Sponsor, its affiliates, licensees, agents, and advertising and promotion agencies, and each of their respective officers, directors, agents, representatives, successors and assigns from any liability in connection with this Contest, the selected entrant’s participation therein and/or the awarding and use/misuse of the prize. If the selected entrant: (a) cannot be contacted by telephone within 7 business days of the random drawing; (b) fails to correctly answer the skill testing question; (c) fails to return the Contest documents within the specified time, or (d) otherwise fails to comply with the Contest Rules, then the selected entrant will be disqualified and an alternate entrant will be selected from among the remaining eligible entries. If the selected entrant chooses not to accept the prize, then the prize will be deemed to be forfeited and no substitution or other compensation will be awarded to the selected entrant and an alternate entrant will be randomly selected from among the remaining eligible entries.
By entering, contestants agree to abide by these Contest Rules, and all decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding on all entrants without right of appeal.
Neither Sponsor nor any of its affiliates shall bear any responsibility or liability for: (a) entries which are lost, stolen, delayed, destroyed, or illegible, incomplete or otherwise improperly completed; (b) incorrect or inaccurate entry information, technical malfunctions, human or technical error, printing errors, lost, delayed or garbled data or any combination thereof; (c) the loss, theft or misuse of the prize; or (d) any property damage, personal injury or misfortune in any way attributable to this Contest or the prize.
The Sponsor reserves the right to withdraw or amend this Contest in any way in the event of an error, technical problem, computer virus, bug, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failure or any other cause beyond the reasonable control of the Sponsor that interferes with the proper conduct of this Contest as contemplated by these Contest Rules, or the odds of winning. Any attempt to undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.